Year-Round Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling
What is a Fujitsu Mini-Split?
Halcyon systems eliminate the need for a basement or attic-located evaporator unit and bulky ductwork by using thin copper tubing that pumps refrigerant directly to discreet wall mounted or concealed units inside. Even more remarkable, this same unit works in reverse in winter, absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home. The result? Efficient cooling and heating for year-round, whole-house comfort in most climates.
Available in numerous mix-and –match capacities and configurations, there’s a Halcyon mini-split system for even the most difficult to heat and cool areas.
How does a Mini-Split Work?
- Like your refrigerator, heat pumps use electricity to pump refrigerant and transfer heat from one space to another.
- When we transfer heat from within our home to the outdoors, we call it “air conditioning”. Conversely, when we transfer heat from the outdoors to within
the home, we call it “heat-pump”.
Heat Pumps Provide Heat When it is Chilly
- Because refrigerant is naturally much colder than outdoor temperatures even on a very cold day, it actually absorbs heat from outdoors, and transfers the heat it absorbs outside to within your home.
- The refrigerant’s physical properties do this naturally. What you pay for is the electricity to pump refrigerant via copper tubing from outdoors to indoors.
- Because we move the heat rather than create it (as electric baseboard or resistant heat does), we can deliver up to 4 times the heat for the energy.
Air Conditioners Provide Cooling When It’s Warm
- Come spring and summer, simply reverse the process and put the same system into “cooling mode” and transfer heat from indoors to the outside.
- For many climates, the advanced technology that goes into these units creates a far more cost effective alternative to either gas or oil fired units for heat, or a central ducted system for air conditioning.
- Fujitsu’s min-splits provide both heating and cooling.
Individual Zoning: Personalized Whole Home Comfort
Halcyon HFI Systems are some of today’s most advanced forms of heating and air conditioning. One outdoor unit can operate up to 8 indoor units simultaneously. Fujitsu’s HFI Systems are super quiet as well as highly energy efficient.
- Each indoor unit can be operated independently via remote control
- Choose from a variety of indoor unit styles
- Provide both heating and cooling (not simultaneously)
- High energy efficiencies
- Quiet operation
They mount high on a wall, out of sight and so not require ductwork, increasing energy efficiency.
- Easy Maintenance
- High delivered efficiency means lower utility bills
Floor mount systems are ideal for residential radiator replacements or any room with limited upper wall space, like a kitchen or sunroom.
- Compact size fits easily under a standard window
- Features twin airflow for improved heat delivery
- Designer wireless remote control
- Operate as few as one indoor unit or all indoor units.
- Choose from 4 indoor unit styles
- Wall mount, slim duct, compact cassette, and floor mount
- Four combinations are ENERGY STAR qualified
- Create over 56,000 combinations based on indoor type and BTU
Energy Star Qualified Systems
Fujitsu has 28 systems that are ENERGY STAR qualified in 2015, 18 of which meet criteria qualifying for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient. Many of these units qualify for a $500 rebate with Efficiency Maine.
Fujitsu Heat Pumps
Ductless heating and cooling systems provide even air distribution for consistent, year-round comfort at a fraction of the cost of baseboard heaters or electric furnaces. Industry leading Fujitsu Heat Pumps will provide your family years of reliable service.
We have two heat pumps in our home, and since installing them we’ve had an average savings of $200 a month on our heating bill!
Bill from Hermon, ME
I would like to compliment your company on the people I have dealt with in the purchase and installation of a heat pump system… I hope that I will continue to run into this level of satisfaction as I get older.
Chester from Bucksport, ME
Ductless systems are a highly efficient heating and cooling solution for electrically heated homes. Unlike electric furnaces, these systems provide even air distribution, ensuring year-round comfort.
New home designs can be adapted to take advantage of a ductless system’s many benefits. For example, two or more systems can be installed in a single home, which will minimize the need for extra refrigerant lines.
Remodels & Additions
When remodeling your living space, a ductless system is an effective and convenient option. Rather than extend existing duct work, a ductless system can provide efficient heating and cooling at a lower cost.
Efficiency Maine is offering rebates ranging from $500 to $1500 for a qualifying heat pump purchase! Fujitsu is offering up to $200 rebates on selected heat pump models!
Year Round Comfort
Whether heating or cooling, our Fujitsu Heat Pumps will make sure you are comfortable all year.